Thursday, January 12, 2012

My favorite things - blue couch edition

Blue is not one of my favorite colors, I've always been more of a purple person, but I love the look of sky blue velvet couches. They are way out of my price range, but I dream about them anyways. The reason I bring this up is because I found this amazing sectional sofa today at the Salvation Army and I'm on the fence about whether I should buy it or not. The fabric is a deep gold velvet material, it is very dirty and would need to be recovered. I know it would look gorgeous with some pretty blue velvet fabric, but I'm not sure I'm ready to take on this big of a re-upholstery project.

Here's a picture of the couch, and I'll throw in some inspiration for good measure!

You really have to use your imagination on this one! That piece to the left is the other side.
This beautiful couch from Bridge Furniture & Props was only $ 499.

I love the look of this couch, a Madrid Sofa from Luna Bella. I grabbed the picture from the design blog Designing the Hamptons, which features just about everything I will never be able to afford.
This one was from Macy's, a little less money, but still out of my price range.



This is actually a child's sofa, which makes it even more adorable. At $ 799 it should be!
It is by Jennifer Delonge Furniture.

A great piece from Anthropologie. I don't even need to look at the price on this one to know I couldn't afford it!

I can't find a price on this Lido Bench by Ironies. I love the woodwork!

This Marlborough Chesterfield Sofa is adorable, plus it comes in purple! This is similar to my couch, or at least that's what I tell myself!


Here is a fun picture of my Anthropologie couch. This picture was originally in Domino Magazine.


This French country couch is every girl's dream. This one is from the Urban Farmhouse blog.
This is what I picture when I think of that Sally's couch. This one was $ 1,800 on Overstock.

No comments:

Post a Comment