Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Dreaming of Summer - Part 2

Furniture shopping is one of my favorite things to do, but since I have so much furniture already I don't get to do it as often as I would like. But now that I'm planning my new patio for the summer I have a great excuse to search the thrift stores and check Craigslist for just the right patio furniture.

I'm leaning towards metal furniture because it's durable, can quickly and easily be rehabbed, plus it's just the right era for my 1950's house. I also love wicker furniture. It such a nostalgic thing for me, I love the way the furniture creaks underneath you, and the look of the paint that's chipping off after years and years of use. I know it's not quite as sturdy, but it's just so comfortable to curl up on.

Of course my newest obsession might be bamboo furniture. I let a set pass me by at the Salvation Army last month and I haven't forgiven myself for it. I think I'm going to have to see what comes my way, I'll let destiny make the decision for me!

This bamboo set from Inspiring Designs is so pretty.

I love the look of these Chippendale chairs from Good Bones Great Pieces.

Love the paint job on these wicker chairs too.

This wicker rocker from Jubilee Furniture reminds me of the one my Mom had in my nursery, of course she still has it!

With the right cushions this rattan sofa from Casa Cara would be perfect. 
I could sit in the glider all day

These two vintage chairs are featured in an article all about metal chairs on About Pool and Patio.

I love this metal set from Home Portfolio. It's listed for $ 1,200, but I'm sure I can find one for less!

No comments:

Post a Comment