Thursday, March 8, 2012

Antique Ceiling Lighting

In my past two homes I had a difficult time finding pretty and affordable lighting options. The box stores don't have much to offer, and the fancy chandeliers I like at the specialty stores are pretty far out of my price range. I've been lucky to find some vintage and antique lights and chandeliers in my travels, but I still envy the lights my Mom has picked out over the years for her Victorian home. They could use a good dusting, but here are some of my favorites:

There are a pair of these in the hall.

This beauty in the parlor was hand-painted.

This moravian star was from my childhood bedroom, still can't convince Mom to give it to me!

These are in the bedroom, and wow are they dusty.

This simple light is in our old playroom, and was also hand painted.

The kitchen light has light blue accents, one of my Mom's favorite colors.

Finally the light in the bathroom. I thought it was covered in dust at first but it turns out my little brother got into the powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment