Saturday, March 24, 2012

Porch Envy

We have had quite an unusual warm spell here in the Northeast. Usually 70 degree temperatures would be unheard of in mid-March, but we've been breaking records left and right, even reaching into the 80's in some places. This early spring has made me ready to get outside and plant a garden, do some yard work, and start working on the exterior of my new home. It's also made me incredibly envious of my neighbors with their front porches. There aren't many homes around me with this feature, since a lot of the homes were built in the mid-century era, but the ones that do have front porches are glorious. I know I'll just have to rely on my future patio for the kind of outdoor comfort and relaxation a porch can offer, but that doesn't mean I can't dream.

This pretty porch has just what I would need, two comfy chairs!

I love the details on this porch.

This porch would be a dream come true!

This classic porch combined with the perfect landscaping looks so soothing.

This country porch is from Maple Walnut Farm in New York.

The only thing better than a front porch is two front porches?

I don't know what I like more, the porch or the view.

My kind of front porch in yellow and white.

No comments:

Post a Comment