Saturday, February 25, 2012

Habitat for Humanity ReStore - Worcester, MA

The Habitat for Humanity ReStore at 11 Distributor Road in Worcester, MA accepts donations of new or gently used construction materials, home improvement materials, and furniture. The proceeds from the sales go directly to Habitat for Humanity in the Worcester area. Don't fear if you're not in the Worcester area, the ReStores can be found all across the U.S. and in Canada.

I have visited a handful of times, and always managed to find something. But about a week ago my parents took a ride out there and found plenty of interesting items. There was also some electrical equipment that we could use to update my fuse box to circuits, which was on the list of renovations. For $ 25 we got a circuit box full of circuits, and for $ 20 a 100 amp box. I don't know the first thing about electrical equipment, but I was told it would save me a lot of money.

My Mom also mentioned that all their tile was on sale for 10 cents. If you read my last post you'll remember that she introduced me to the idea of laying CVT in my kitchen and bathroom. We took a ride out the next day and made a bee-line for the tile. For 5 bucks I could get 55 sq. ft. of CVT. What a deal! I ended up with five boxes, two gray, two yellow, and one white. For $ 35 plus the cost of adhesive I had new flooring!

I also found the perfect light fixture for my kitchen ceiling for 10 bucks! It is true to the era, and just what I had been looking for. The knobs and pulls were all on sale for 25 cents as well. I didn't actually need any at the moment, but for those prices I figured I would stock up. I found really cute nickel pulls, and some porcelain knobs.

There is so much to dig through at this location, paint, hardware, tools, appliances, windows, furniture, and all for a good cause. Not only that, but you are also recycling, instead of buying new you're helping to keep this merchandise out of landfills, and saving money at the same time! Here are some pictures of my scores, as well as some images from the ReStore page.

CVT!

Mid-century lighting!

Pretty drawer pulls!

Ceramic knobs!

ReStore off of Gold Star Blvd. Worcester, MA

Furntiure Department at ReStore.

Cabinets at ReStore.

Warehouse full of goodies at ReStore.

Tile aisle at ReStore.

No comments:

Post a Comment