Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My favorite things - Workbench island edition

Re-purposed workbench kitchen islands are one of my favorite ways to add a little character to a kitchen. They are not only practical and attractive, but if you play your cards right you can also get a great deal on one. Here are some of my favorites from around the web. Make sure you scroll down to the last picture which is my workbench I picked up for $150. It is the heaviest piece of furniture I have ever owned, and carrying it up three flights of stairs was no easy task! Now that I'm in a smaller place I don't have the room for it in the kitchen, but I'm not ready to part with it yet...still trying to come up with a place for it!

Oops, can't remember where I found this one.
I guess this one is a reproduction.
A cute store display.
A nice old one, love that patina!
This one was for sale on ebay.
Love those tiles too!
Totally industrial. 
Rustic, loving the floors too!
Here's my piece, this was when I staged the condo for sale. Usually there is a kitty bed on the bottom shelf!

No comments:

Post a Comment