Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My favorite things - blue furniture

I am a firm believer in the beauty of natural wood. It kills me when I see someone paint over a beautiful piece of antique furniture, especially oak! Most of the furniture in my house is oak, but I have a few pieces of painted furniture that I really love. In general I only paint furniture that is either new, junky, or in really rough shape.

That being said, I really love the look of blue furniture. Blue is actually one of my least favorite colors, but there are some shades that I really like when it comes to furniture, particularly those in the turquoise family, with names like Tiffany blue, robin's egg blue, and aqua. Here's some of my inspiration.

Here.

Here.

Here.

Here.

Here.

Here.

Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment